The Central New York Defense Alliance is a not-for-profit 501(c) 6 incorporated in April of 2011. The Alliance is a collaborative force of New York businesses, academia, Government agencies, and community leaders working to strengthen and expand the region’s high tech ecosystem by supporting research, development and commercialization opportunities and partnerships with our region’s federal assets: AFRL Information Directorate (AFRL/RI), Defense Finance and Accounting Service (DFAS), Eastern Air Defense Sector (EADS) and the FAA Designated Unmanned Aerial System (UAS) Test Site.
Ms. Mary Carol Chruscicki is the Executive Director and Secretary of the organization. She is also Co-Owner of AX Enterprize, AX Tactical, AX Signature and Reindance Stables.
The CNY Defense Alliance Board of Directors includes representatives from industry and academia. The Board of Directors are:
- Ms. Cheryl Haritatos – Chairperson [Dir of Operations, BAE Sys]
- Dr. William Jemison – Vice Chairperson [Clarkson University’s Vice Provost for Research while also serving as the Professor and Chair of Electrical and Computer Engineering Department.]
- Mr. Mark Pfisterer – Treasurer [CEO, AmeriCU Credit Union]
- Mr. Chuck Green [ President & CEO of Assured Information Security]
- Mr. Evan DeGennaro [Economic Development Manager, NYSTEC]
- Mr. John Graniero [Former AFRL/RI Chief Scientist, Director of the AFRL Information Institute, Board Chair of the NYS Cyber Research Institute]
- Dr. Donald Hanson [Former AFRL/RI Director]
- Mr. John Zogby [Zogby Analytics]
Events Committee: supports events of interest to the membership and the community, including “lunch and learns,” conferences, workshops/seminars and meetings with our representatives in Albany and Washington D.C.
Marketing Team: promotes the CNY region’s federal assets, AFRL/RI, DFAS, EADS and the UAS Test Site, and the high tech eco-system they enable.
Membership Committee: brings new members to the CNY Defense Alliance to assure we reach out to and engage every organizations whose growth directly or indirectly depends on AFRL/RI, DFAS, EADS, and the UAS Test Site.